Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

I'm Done, I'm Done, I AM DONE!

Yesterday was my last day at work. It was a really really weird feeling. For the past two weeks, I have felt like that day could not get here fast enough. And then when it did, wow what a strange, surreal feeling. I have been with this company for about 6 1/2 years and struggled with it during bad times and all. But when it came right down to say goodbye to the job that I niched out for myself there, it was very bittersweet.

They threw me a pizza party and everybody signed a card for me, which almost had me in tears. And it was funny the comments on the cards. There is one lady who has been practically dancing for joy ever since I announced I was leaving. She has for all these years been in competition with me - in her mind. I just try to do my job and that job has become more and more "important" to the company and she could not stand to see me gain "prestige" and not have it all for her. Well anyway, she signed the card "Dawn, It has been real". Yeah and she thinks I am the unprofessional one. But oh well, I am above all that.

And now I am free to do whatever I want! Wow what a scary thought that is. My first goal is to get this house in some kind of order and not be so disgusting. I have a list a mile long of projects around the house, that if I just did half of them, I would be proud of myself.

I do know that I need to get a routine going of some type. Before, on my days off, I really didn't have a routine. The routine was try to get 37 errands done in the time that Jack was cooperative to do such errands.

I am committing myself to some type of exercise program right now in front of all of you. I did join Curves awhile back, but just have not been able to get there because I had nobody to watch Jack during the hour of Curves. Jim's schedule has become that he does not get home until about 7pm and they close at that time. So instead of whining about that and in doing that whining, I get nothing done, I have decided to quit Curves and make a committment that I do something at home with Jack. I plan to get a couple of videos. Jim also bought me the bike with the trailer for Jack, I plan to ride that on the better weather days. We have to first dig it out of the garage from the scary depths that is the garage. But, I really believe that if Jack sees me exercising, he will want to do it also and hopefully be a healthier kid for it. You all know that I am just saying this for myself mostly to get myself to believe all this and more importantly DO it. I hate exercise but, I know that the time has come and there are no more excuses, so I will do it!

Well now I am off to enjoy my first day of freedom, which will include doing about 5 loads of laundry, cleaning bathrooms, kitchen and vacuuming. Sounds like a whole lotta fun huh?

No comments: