Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, November 04, 2005

Words!

I have to say that the words are coming fast and furious now with Jack. His list of words are quite long now. Along with saying Sissy, Daddy, Mama, kitty cat, doggie, he also says the names of the dogs - Bob & Tosha. He says bath, book, bye-bye, banana, cereal, treat, candy, choo-choo, the list goes on and on. Not only is it so much fun to hear him say these words, but now we get to communicate! Love It!

I mentioned this on Cooper's blog the other day, but thought I would also mention it here. I have been replaced as THE parent in the house. Jack has attached onto Daddy so much and Daddy reigns supreme in this house now. Probably because he knows that I am around more and Daddy is gone all day long. But man does the boy miss his Daddy AND his Sissy when they are gone. He will walk around the house saying "Daddy? Sissy?" and I will tell him that they are not here right now and he gets such a look of disappointment. The other night, Jim came home when Jack was in the bath. Jim popped his head in and said hello to us, but walked out to change his clothes and you should of seen how Jack's face just fell when Daddy walked out of the room. He no longer wanted to play in the water and was very happy to get out of the bath to go run naked through the house to see Daddy. He sure likes to have his whole family together!

The time has finally arrived that I have longed for and dreamt about since before I got pregnant - Jack loves books! It was until recently that he liked books, but he would get bored after 5 seconds of looking or listening to the story and move on. Now, he will walk up to me with a book in his hand and say "book" and want me to read it to him. He knows that before bedtime, we sit in the rocking chair in his room and read books. And now he sits and listens and points to the pictures! Love It!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I wonder if that Daddy spell is what's happening in our house too! Lately, Mo has been throwing fits when Daddy leaves the room. She sometimes throws herself on the floor face down crying. It's strange how the mood passes so quickly though!