Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, March 06, 2006

The After Party Hangover

Even though no booze was consumed, I feel very hangoverish today. Jack's birthday party and the getting ready for it has wiped me out big time. We had a good birthday party, even though most of the people I invited and said maybe did not show up. We still had 8 people show up and just forced them to eat really BIG pieces of cake and lots of hamburgers. Jim's supervisor and his family showed up. They have a daughter who is 8 days younger than Jack. And boy did they enjoy each other. So much in fact that when it was time for them to leave, they BOTH gave each other big smooches right on the lips. Wish I had the camera for that Kodak moment, it was sooo cute.

Yesterday we went to Long Beach to attend the big boat, fishing, camping, and anything outdoor-related show. It was fun to dream about actually having money to buy a boat, RV, and the other assorted big boy TOYS they had. But alas we are poor. They did have a big pool stocked with fish and they were letting people try to catch the fish. If you caught one, you got to take it home (oh joy). So we stood in line for over 30 minutes for our (err THEIR) chance to catch a fish. Yeah this girl don't fish. But Jim, Laura, and even Jack took turns trying to catch a fish while I stood there secretly hoping that they DIDN'T. Yucky Fish.

After that, we went to pick up the climber thingy that I won off of ebay. I also bought one of the cozy coupe car thingys from her. Yeah thats right Jack is a spoiled rotten child.

I will post pics of the great fishing escapade and the new toys in a bit. Right now, I think nap nap time is calling me.

No comments: