Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Story Time

We went to storytime at a new children's bookstore in town. I don't know if I ever mentioned it here, but it was my dream to open a children's bookstore about 10 years ago. A friend and I were seriously thinking about doing it, but then the evil B&N (don't get me wrong I love em also, just not in the neighborhood of your bookstore) came and plopped down and we kinda figured that we would not do very well with them around. Who knows?

But anyway, there is a very cute and quaint new children's bookstore in town with storytime every Wednesday. The owner of the store is even named Dawn (go figure). About half of her inventory is used books at really good prices. Jack really enjoyed the bookstore. He had a lot of fun taking 300 books off the shelf and looking at them all. Of course with me as his "put the books back person" cause he didn't have time for that when there are books to look at.

He also picked up the guitar that was sitting in the play area. He picked it up like he knew what to do with it and held it the right way and started to strum it. Of course when I shot the picture below he wouldn't hold it correctly for me then.



After storytime, she had a small craft for the kids to do. She has a paper tree on the wall and kids were decorating leaves to put on the wall. Very cute and of course Jack thought it was so much fun.

Today we have on the agenda to go to the outlet center for the free monthly kids outlet thing. This month they have musican lessons where they teach the kids how to beat on drums. Oh joy. Just as long as the drums stay there and not go home with us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jack loves his books like his mommy and grandpa and grandma. This is great!!! cute pictures.