Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Happy Birthday To Me!

Even though my birthday is a couple of weeks away, I got my present for the next 5 birthdays, christmases, mothers days, valentines days, and whatever holiday there is. But I do really like it. It is however very big compared to what I am used to and learning to park the thing is gonna take a bit of time.

Jack and I went out driving this morning. I drove to the furthest Starbucks just for coffee and chocolate milk for the boy. He really loves the dvd player, but the screen gets in the way of looking in the rear view mirror, so not too sure about that. Also, I noticed that because we got the power everything that we are lacking in some of the conveniences. For example because the passenger seat is also power, we don't get the lockable storage drawer underneath the seat. I would much rather have the drawer. But it is a great van and boy does Jack like it. Especially the sunroof. Today he kept asking me to "omay" (open) it and when I did he started giggling. The sunroof in the Rav never got used because where it was located, the sun was directly in the boy's eyes and he did NOT like it. But this is located where no sun can get in his eyes and he thinks driving with the roof open is sooo cool. He also loves running around the van, from one seat to the other. In Jack's words our "new tar" is really cool.




2 comments:

Erin said...

I love it! :) Aren't you just loving the automatic doors? That has come in SO handy for us already. One question. How did you get Jack's carseat to sit flat on the seat? Ben's sort of angles forward, so that there is actually a space between the back of the carseat bottom and the seat! Hrm....

Jack's Mom said...

I am not sure how Jim got the car seat to lay flat. The first time, it was tilted back and Jack was straining to sit forward - very uncomfortable looking. So after a few swear words from Jim and 20 minutes later, it was sitting flat. I can tell you one thing, it ain't gonna be moved in the near future.