Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Weird Dreams

The last couple of weeks I have been having some doozy of dreams going on. No, I am not pregnant, so that is not the case for all those inquiring minds out there, but I don't know what is causing the dreaming to occur. I don't usually remember much when I wake up other than, "wow that was quite the dream", but no specifics.

However, last night was the weirdest night. Jim is gone and I can never really sleep knowing that he is not in the house, so I had that going for me also. I woke up around midnight with my heart racing because I had a succession of dreams where Jack was taken from me in a variety of situations. There was the one where we were stopped at a light and he was dragged out of the car (he was in the front seat AND not in his carseat, so I don't know where THAT came from). Also, there was one where he was snatched by somebody who climbed through his bedroom window and took him during the night. That one is the one where I jumped out of bed and went into his room to just make sure, ya know. And while I am standing in his room, I am having a *serious* conversation with myself about having his window removed and how much would it cost and how fast could we get it done. And in my sleep-induced state, I had decided that I would look into it first thing in the morning. Yay, I know, weird.

I finally did go back to sleep after coming out to the computer and going online. I removed the city of where we reside on here because I had convinced myself that the person who had taken Jack in my dream had found out where we lived and saw how cute he was and snatched him from us. So, not sure that if it was a wake-up call about being too personal on here or what, but it scared the you-know-what outta me.

Then Jack woke up about 2 and would not go back to sleep. So I went in there and the bad dreams must be contagious in this house, because I think he had one also. I had to console him for about 15 minutes in the rocking chair and a sippy of milk seemed to help also.

So I finally go back to sleep and guess what - another dream! And this one is just plain weird. I dreamt that I was on a cruise ship and got lost from whom I was traveling with until the very end when it was time to retrieve the luggage. And the person I was traveling with? No, not Jim. It was my ex-mother-in-law who I haven't seen or talked to in like 8 years. And in my dream, I was divorced from her son and married to Jim, but we just decided to go on a cruise together. Weird night.

So I woke up at 5 am and decided that was enough. I wasn't gonna try to sleep anymore. Too much weirdness.

In another development, it is pouring rain outside right now. It had better stop before we have to leave for gym class because I do not want to take my NEW van out in the rain!

3 comments:

RB said...

I don't think we are in the same time zone, but we should have been chatting last night! Mr. Belle is gone which means I average about three hours of sleep! Beaux didn't sleep well either and I finally just got everyone up and dressed and came to work. Sigh.

Anonymous said...

Nothing worse than havng a nightmare concerning your child. I remember a few concerning you.

Anonymous said...

Our minds are funny things aren't they?

They can make us well "crazy" if we let it.

Best thing to do with most dreams I figure is laugh, scratch our head and forget them.

They can be scarry sometimes, for sure.