Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, March 17, 2006

Irish Heritage

Okay my Irish Heritage in me would not let this day pass without wishing everybody a very Happy St. Patrick's Day.

So far it is a good one here. Jack and I went to the indoor toddler heaven called Childs Play today. It is an *event* for the mother's group I belong to. Jack, of course goes without saying, had a very good time. He gave his mother a heart attack though at one point. The place is mostly geared for toddlers ages 4 or under, but they have this one big *fort* thingy for the older kids. It has this big ladder where the steps are far apart for somebody Jack's size and a huge slide. So there I was talking to a couple of the other mothers and not paying much attention to Jack, and I turn around to see him halfway up the ladder, the really scary ladder, really tall ladder. Did I say that I hate ladders myself? Something about falling off of one during college and breaking my back (long and stupid story, don't ask). So I run over there and he has climbed his little self up the big steep ladder and is jumping around in the fort up top thinking it is the best thing in the world. Then he goes down the really really big slide that one of the other bigger kids was scared of, yelling "weeeeee" all the way down. Yeah he did this routine about 10 times - up the scary ladder and down the scary slide, loving every minute of it.

We just got home and he is napping. He said two words that I never thought I would hear him say together - "Baby Tired"!!!!!! When I opened the car door to let him out he looked at me and said "Baby tired". Oh my gosh, he actually admitted that he was tired!! Hopefully a nice long nap will follow cause this Mama is tired also. This stupid cold/sinus/allergy thingy is doing a number on my energy level. Pretty much all I want to do right now is go lay down and sleep for about 10 hours. There is the dishes in the sink and the mess in the family room, but they will still be there after nap, right?

No comments: