Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, March 30, 2006

The Battle of the Wills

Yay! Jim is coming home today. He has only been gone since Sunday, but we have missed him. I don't sleep as well and I need some help with Jack. He has been trying my patience the past few days. He will not listen to me at all. Just this morning, he pulled the box of cereal off the counter and wanted to take the whole box into the family room and I said no. I said "give the cereal to Mama" and my little *angel* looked right back at me and yelled "NO". I think that was the first time that he was THAT defiant to me.

He also has been hitting me when he does not get his way, which makes me grab his arm and tell him "NO you are hurting Mama". He usually then starts crying because I think he is embarrassed. But lately, he will just stare back at me, as if daring me to do something. Oh boy this battle of the wills is really fun!

So thank goodness, I will have the other parent to help with this. The 24/7 of Jack alone has been getting to me.

4 comments:

RB said...

I think we are all truly entering the terrible twos together!

Carolyn said...

Make it three! We are up to our ear in terrible two tantrums and stubborness as well. Just wanted to say glad to hear that Jim is coming home. Those days when you are the only one seem to go on forever.

And I LOVE your quote from Jerry Seinfeld in your banner. So true!!

Jack's Mom said...

Good to know that there are others out there *enjoying* the terrible twos just like me.

Yeah I thought that Seinfeld's quote summed up the two-year-old.

-LGirl- said...

okay My 40 something Bro is in therapy because his beloved Tiger was in a pillow case in the laundramat and escaped and pressed his stripy pathetic face against the washer window... for my 4 yo bor to exclaim "Tiger is dying get him out.." he's not been the same since. and it's alway been my mom's fault!

BTW 40 years ago there wasn't a plush sauna...

save for therapists not college!