Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, August 14, 2005

All American Day of Cheerleading and Baseball

Yesterday we went out to the ball park. Laura's cheer team was performing the pre-game show. She did really well. Both her father and I were sooo proud of her because we know how hard she has worked. I think she is really proud of herself also for not giving up and quitting. And she thought it was really cool to get to show off in front of all those people. I also watched in amazement at the older girls. They were really good and the way they can flip their bodies around is truly amazing. I did take video. However, because of jerks who insisted on getting in my way, it didn't turn out like I wanted. I even got mad at some guy who stood in front of my camera. I said "excuse me that is my daughter down there" and he actually turned around and said "so, my grand daughter is coming up next" Next! As in NOT peforming right now. So get out of my way! He didn't know that I am Mad Mom With Camera. So I will try to edit the video and maybe post it on here. I am still fuming at that man.


Our little cheerleader



Laura performing. She is in back the 2nd on the right.


The big finish. Laura is in back 3rd from left with her arms up in a V.


My two baseball guys. Of course, I had to dress Jack up in his little "All American Baseball" Shirt.


Jack did really well at the game. He was quite enthralled and liked to watch them. Maybe we have a future baseball star on our hands? We sat behind 3rd base in foul ball land. There were two balls that came really close to us. In fact one came and landed two rows behind us and both Jim and I heard the SMACK of the ball on some lady's leg. OUCHIE. The baseball stadium people showed up with an ice pack for her, which I thought was nice of them.

We ended up leaving in the 6th inning. The Lake Elsinore Storm (our team) was losing 2-0 and it was almost 9:00. It was actually a cool night and we were all getting cold. But it was really fun night. We even got free Lake Elsinore Storm hats. Yay!

No comments: