Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Saturday, August 20, 2005

A Day of Yard Work

We spent the day today doing yard work. Jim went to get a truck load of bark chips to put down around the sod. So we spent the day transporting the bark chips from the back of the truck to back yard. We thankfully got most of it done while Jack was napping, but of course when he woke up, he just had to "help". Oh yeah and the temperature was 100 degrees in the shade under our patio cover. It was at least 138 out in the sun - give or take one or two.















Here's the boy getting a ride in the wagon on top of a load of bark chips.
















Here he is pushing the wheelbarrow. Such a big help he is.


















And here he is explaining to me just how he helped out today and in the process getting absolutely filthy. Notice the filthy hands, legs, face, chest. And the thing is, he loved it! He absolutely loves being dirty. Yep he's a boy.

















This is Jack's face after I tell him that we are all done for the day. "Whatcha talking about? But I need to get even dirtier."



















And what do we do to cool down and clean a filthy Jackaroo? We strip him and hose him down. Yeah he liked that. And then he played with the hose for the next 30 minutes spraying everything in his path, including me, Daddy, the dogs, cats...everything. Oh and yeah this was the only picture in this series that I could post without having people get mad at me for showing ummmm... private parts. But I got lots of pics of him hosing himself down. Very cute.

2 comments:

Claire said...

So cute! Isaac likes helping out in the yard, too, and is FAScinated with the hose! At first I thought we should get him a pool to combat the heat, but I think all we need is a little spray-action every now and then.

Jack's Mom said...

LOL Claire, I was thinking the same thing about the pool. Who needs the pool, when you can give him the hose and sprayer!