Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Picture Day Ranting

I went to get Jack's pictures taken today. I tried JcPenney's portrait studio this time just to see what it was like. I can say that I like Sears Portraits ALOT BETTER! First off, I thought that JcPenney was digital and therefore can take home your pictures the same day - wrong! I have to wait until Sept 16 to pick my pictures up. And then I find out from the girl at JcPenney's that Sears is now digital and pictures are available the same day. Man! If I had known that I would have gone back to Sears.

Also, I wanted to try JcPenney just to see how their props were and for something different. Again, I feel gipped. The only props they used were blocks that they spelled his name with, which is a cute idea but didn't turn out that well because the "C" block was yellow and didn't show up in the picture. But I wanted other props! Cute ones! The other pictures were just of him sitting or standing. Don't get me wrong, I did get some cute pictures (well he is a cute kid after all hehe) but I just wanted some cute props damnit! And they only took 9 poses and Sears takes a ton...usually 15-20 in a sitting. There was a baby in front of me taking pictures and it seemed to me that THEY had a lot more poses AND cute props. One cute one was in a washtub with fake suds - so cute. But for Jack - Nada, Nothing. AND the pictures were more expensive on top of all this. But the sucker Mom in me ended up buying $60 (6 sheets) worth of pictures.

Oh yeah and you have to PAY for them to post them on the internet ($5) whereas Sears is free. AND (I keep saying that don't I?) you have to wait 10 BUSINESS DAYS for them to get them on the internet. I just checked, not there yet. With Sears, they were always posted by the time I got home.

I was so hoping to have the pictures before I went to Michigan so that Grandma and Grandpa could have some. But now it looks like, I may not even get to see the internet pictures. Yeah, Never going back to JcPenney. We'll stick with Sears from now on. I think they do a good job and are affordable (relatively speaking of course).

Jack is now napping. He had another big day at the mall. Of course we had to stop and play and the playland. He was running around there like some crazy kid. At one point he was laughing so hard, I seriously thought he was going to lose his lunch (he is prone to do that - laugh so hard, he throws up). But when it was time to go, he was not happy about that. I had to go into a store after that for some makeup and then we had to pass by the playland once again. He was yelling "STOP" as we passed by.

I also saw a friend that I haven't seen in months on my way out. She and I stood there talking for about 30 minutes. And how did I keep Jack happy? Ummm... I let him have some sips of my Diet Coke. Yeah you can say it, Bad Mommy. Whatever works though right?

2 comments:

Kelli said...

I haven't been impressed with JCPenney's either. I'll have to try Sears.

Marty said...

I like JCPenney's but it is kind of like "Hey, it's the digital age. Get your act together. This 2-3 weeks waiting thing seems like, so 1985."

We'll have to check out Sears and see if they're better.