Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

I forgot my Blogiversary!

My blog is a year old as of August 12! And I forgot to mention it! I have to admit that a year ago, I really did not know what a blog was (yes how pathetic was I?). I had begun to read the blogs of other March Mommy's from the board that I read and thought wow what a cool idea. I really started it as a way to show off Jack's pictures to all the family and friends scattered all over the country. But it has evolved into a personal journal of myself, Jack's growing up, and our family. In some ways, it is really great therapy writing this blog and also reading other blogs. I can not begin to thank all the other Mommy's who have opened up their lives a little bit by blogging. I have learned so much from them about parenting and coping with a baby and now a toddler. So thank you to you fellow Mommys.

I also have come a long way since last August. I still was trying to recover from giving birth, having endless nights of no sleep, and coping with a new baby. Um... no easy feat. But a year later, life is really really great. And for the first time in my life, I can say that I am content with life. It only took 38 years!

I also just have to mention one thing that happened last night. Of course Jack did not go down at 7:30. He started screaming about 8:00. I think he gets scared in his room when it is not really dark outside. He was looking around at the shadows on the walls and ceilings when I went in his room, even though he does have a night light in his room. So I picked him up and took him into my bedroom and put him in bed with me. And we just cuddled together for about 30 minutes. He was so cute and loving. At one point, I was stroking his hair and then stopped. I guess he liked his hair getting stroked, because he picked up my hand and put it back on my head. So cute! Yep it is these moments when you say that being a Mommy is the best gig in the world.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Happy Blogiversary! (Do you mind if I use that term come November?) Wow - can you beleive you've kept this up a whole year. I appreciate all the other mommies' blogs too and yours is one of them. Thanks and congrats!

Jack's Mom said...

Of course you can use the term. I think I stole it from somebody else myself. I include your blog as one that I read all the time also. I just love reading how others are doing.