Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, August 19, 2005

Toddler Room Decorating


Laura and I painted these letters last weekend. They are just wooden letters that I bought at Target. Of course now Laura wants her name done in Pink and Black with stripes. Not sure that I am that artistic to do stripes. It was quite a feat to just get these painted.



I have added a couple of decoration touches to Jack's room. Below is a growth chart that I bought last Christmas! And yes I am just now getting around to putting it up. It starts at 2 ft 6 in and goes to 5 ft 6 in. He just now stands at the 2 ft 6 in mark. Of course at the doctor's office, he was 34 inches but that included the length of his feet and that was almost 2 months ago. But standing he is 30 inches. Yay! He's on the growth chart now.



And all this decorating has got me to thinking that he's gonna be outgrowing the Blue Jean Teddy theme soon. Probably when he is about 2 we will be moving him a big boy bed. So of course I am already thinking(obsessing) over what the next decoration theme is going to be. I was thinking about Thomas the Train, but not sure about that. The videos get on my nerves after awhile, not sure I want a room dedicated to the blue engine with a face. So I was thinking of just doing a generic trucks theme. Target has some cool stuff that I like. (Yes I am a Target-obsessive crazy woman. I know) I really like this chair . Laura has one similar that can fold out into a bed for when she has sleepovers. Jack absolutely loves climbing into her chair. That is when she LETS him into her room. Typical sister won't let little brother into her room. But I really can't believe that the time is approaching when he is into a "big boy" room. Where did my baby go?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry! But people who love Target are not crazy obsessed. If that were so, I'd have to admit I was crazy too! Nope, not gonna happen! :)

Target also has a really cool safari theme too. I saw it the other day and absolutely loved it! I was wondering (for a brief second) how I could get away with it in a girl's room!!

Erin said...

I'm with you all on Target. It rocks. I am also guilty of having explored the little boy room options there... we're a little early, so what? ;)

Jane, we're also leaning toward a planes, trains, cars theme... he just loves them so much! We'll see... trying not to obsess about it until I'm at least pregnant again! LOL!

Jack's Mom said...

Hmmm maybe we should all do the planes, trains, auto theme and then share pics of the rooms!