Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, August 12, 2005

The more I do this, the more I like it

Stay at home that is. I could really get into it. I was sorta kinda supposed to go to work for a few hours today (yes I know on my day off geesh) because they were really short-handed. But since I promised Pat, Jack's daycare provider, that she could have Friday's off through the summer, well that meant no daycare. I really contemplated taking Jack with me for the few hours, but then I had visions of him destroying the boss's office along with every other office and basically causing grief and destruction within the office...well I decided not to go into work. Ha! They can live without me! We'll see on Monday how well it went today.

Anyway, so since I have been down to three days a week working, I am loving LOVING staying home. In fact, I hate going into the office on those 3 days. Today was not any special or exciting day. Just a fun day with Jack. Also I must say that the new sandbox is THE best babysitter in the world. I just sat him in there and I went to clean up the house a bit while checking on him every few minutes. I got a whole 30 minutes of Jack-occupied time! All the Mommies out there know thats like priceless. Then he walked into the house and said "done" letting me know that sandbox time was done for the time being. He then took his cars and plane outside to the patio and played with them, pretending to crash them a few times I think. He's such a good boy. And now he has been taking a nap for the last 2 hours, while I got to do something that I rarely get to do...read a book! Wow! Yeah I could get used to this life.

No comments: