Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Day of Jackaroo Fun

Today pretty much revolved around Jack and his fun. We thought that Jim had to work today, but to my surprise, he comes walking in the door this morning at 7:30. He went all the way into work and found out that he wasn't on duty. Yay! Another day off!

So after we cleaned up the house a little bit after yesterdays day of yard work that trashed the inside house, we headed to the mall. I needed to buy my shampoo and conditioner which I buy only twice a year when it goes on sale because the regular price is way to expensive.

Before we went to the mall, we went to Barnes and Noble. Jack loves to play with their Thomas train set they have setup in the children's area. Everytime I go there, I reaffirm the reason why Jack doesn't have that same train set...It is way too expensive. I think to get the same set with the table and all would be around $400. Um no. But the boy can stand there for an hour and play.

Then we headed to the mall, where we ended up getting Jack a whole bunch of fall clothes at Old Navy and Gap. I think I found the outfit that his next professional pictures will be taken. Sad, I haven't had any pictures taken since last Christmas. The outfit is a cute jean onsie with cargo pants. Cute. Of course, Jim and I did not get any new clothes, but for Jack we spent $130. Geesh.

Then it was playland time. Our mall has a really nice playland area for small kids. It has a small merry-go-round that eats dollar bills. There are also all kinds of climbing stuff. And of course we can NOT go to the mall without hitting up the playland for about 45 minutes.

Then we went outside and rode the little choochoo train. Oh so much fun for the Jackaroo. Then we went to the big fountain where all the kids were playing in. It was only about 105 outside, so it felt really really good. Jack at first was not sure about this big geyser, but it only took a few minutes and the boy was running in and out of the water and laughing his little head off. Of course, he was absolutely drenched when it was all done.

It was a fun day had by all and especially Jackaroo. Oh yeah, and sorry no pics of the day. I thought that my camera phone was in the car and I even mentioned it to my dear husband that I wished that I had the phone to take pictures. So when I get back to the car, I look for the phone and couldn't find it. He reaches into his pocket and brings it out and says "Oh you mean this phone?" Yeah I told him that I was mad at him. So yeah no pictures.

2 comments:

Erin said...

oh Benjamin LOVES that train set at B&N! I too have been tempted to buy a piece or two and get a collection started. But $40 just for one small set?! Our BJ's Wholesale Club has a very similar (Non-Thomas) train table set for about $100. I keep eyeing that.

Sounds like you guys had so much fun yesterday!

Jack's Mom said...

Hmm that non-thomas set sounds good Erin. Also, what a good idea for building your own table. I know that Jim could do that. I think I might ask family to start giving the Thomas stuff also.