Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Relief

We heard from our family tonight. They are safe thank goodness. However they did have some damage to their houses, and Bill, Jim's brother, completely lost his house in Gulfport. But the important thing is that they are alright. They are also looking at 2 weeks or more of no power. We offered them to come visit us for that time, but stubborn as they are, they are going to wait it out there. I guess our family were the lucky ones. It looks like thousands of people lost loved ones. How terrible.

In other news, Jack and I are flying to Michigan tomorrow to visit my family. Grandma and Grandpa are looking forward to seeing the Jackaroo. I have been running around the house like a madwoman trying to get everything packed and ready to go early tomorrow morning. There is just so much to remember when you've got a toddler tagging along. We have to leave at 5 am! Yikes! I just hope that Jack cooperates tomorrow on the flight. We are flying nonstop and will be on the plane for 4 hours. And I have him in my lap. I think I am going to see if I can buy him a ticket cause not sure I want a 28-lb kid on my lap that long! Who cares about money hehe.

I just want to say thank you to everybody who left such nice comments regarding our family. It really meant a lot to me! Thanks!

2 comments:

RB said...

So happy to hear that they are safe. My prayers are with everybody down there.

Carolyn said...

I'm so relieved to hear your family is safe. I hope you and Jack enjoy your trip to Michigan!