Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Insurances Suck and We have Green

I am just going to state this one time - our Health Insurance SUCKS. Jim was supposed to go in for surgery today to remove nasal polyps that have grown so big that he basically can not breath anymore. Last time I checked, breathing was kinda important to a human. So it was all set up. But we found out that our insurance plan does not have a contract with the hospital that the doctor wanted to do the surgery in. The doctor was on the plan, the hospital wasn't. Sooooo after a lot of screaming at the insurance company over the phone and a lot of swearing, he had to cancel his surgery for today and start all over with another doctor near San Diego. I hate insurance companies. They take your money, but when it comes to actually getting any benefits, they make up all these rules as they go along it seems. Argh! You better believe we are changing his insurance so fast as soon as open enrollment pops up in a few months. Meanwhile, poor Jim still can't breath and is pretty miserable and I am just pissed off.

Anyway in better news, we have green in our backyard now! We got our patio cover done and yesterday they started laying the sod down. I will take pictures as soon as the workmen are out of the way. Not sure how they will react to me out there snapping pictures left and right while they are trying to work. Speaking of workmen, it is just really weird to have workmen show up in your backyard every morning before 6 am. I walk out to the kitchen and see them out there working, just weird. But the one good thing about the men working in the backyard, is that they entertain the boy! Jack stands at the door for like a half hour just watching them intently.

Hopefully by today or tomorrow, it will all be completed and we will have a backyard! Yahoo! It is just so cool and I am so excited. Pictures will be coming.

Now comes the fun part in buying swing sets for Jack. I am thinking of going with this one. Expensive but hopefully he will be able to play with it until he is about 4 or 5. Then maybe we will get a bigger one. But we may go looking around to see what we can find today since we have no surgery to go to. Argh.

2 comments:

Erin said...

dang that swingset is CUTE... I wish we had room for it (and, now that I think about it, the budget for it!) HA! ;)

Jack's Mom said...

Yeah it is cute! But I think we found one at Walmart that was $200 cheaper and I don't think he would outgrow it as fast as the Little Tykes. Geesh, how did swingsets get to be so expensive?