Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

To Cut Hair or Not to Cut Hair, that is the question


I am in a quandry. Jack's hair is getting a little long. As Daddy says, he looks like a hippie. But here's my quandry. The kid has curls. Or I should say the kid inherited a mass of curls from me, who has possibly the curliest hair on the planet. To straighten my hair, it takes a team of professionals and some very expensive tools (dryer, straightening iron, massive amounts of hair gels, mouses, and sprays). Oh yeah if there is a drop of humidity in the air, you just have to give it all up and realize that I am gonna have curly hair. Kinda like that episode of friends where Monica went to Jamaica. Yeah like that. Jim also has really thick and wavy hair.

Anyway, I was hoping that my son would somehow get straight hair. But I have realized that there is no way you can bend the laws of genetics that far. So that comes to my quandry - haircuts. He does need one, but he looks so cute with his little curls all over that I do hate to cute them off. He has had one haircut before in March, but he didn't have the curls he has now. But at the same time, I don't want people to look at my son and think "that kid needs a haircut where is his mother". I have thought that of little boys before who obviously needs a haircut badly. Yeah I am a petty person.

2 comments:

Erin said...

I would probably not have cut Benjamin's hair if he had had curls like that. Just my humble opinion, of course. I think they are cute. :)

-LGirl- said...

I say go for it! Give it a trim.The curls will be back.