Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, August 01, 2005

Should I or Shouldn't I?

A coworker just had her baby on Thursday night. She had a baby girl who weighed 6lbs and was 18 inches. Tiny! She brought her into the office today and she is adorable and of course it made my uterus start contracting for another one, just when I was about ready to give up the thought of having a second baby. That blog post will be forthcoming.

But my quandry is this. When Jack was born, I did not receive one gift item from anybody at work. I work in a small office of about 10 people. I did receive flowers from the company, but no baby gift. So today, the girl who just had her baby received two gifts from people (one being my boss). Now the questions I have in my mind are why the hell didn't I receive anything and she did? And do I have to get a gift for her? I was going to get her a gift, but then I remembered that she didn't get me one and so being the petty person that I am, decided not to. Oh yeah and this girl and I don't get along very well. So what should I do? Should I be the bigger person and go out and buy some pink something or other for her baby girl or just forget it?

5 comments:

-LGirl- said...

I have learned that you should only gift gifts because YOU want to give them. Feel no guilt.
Don't even get me started about showers and baby gifts!LOL!I totally got ripped off.

Erin said...

I agree with Liesl... no gift. You'll just resent it. And she probably doesn't care anyway and wouldn't be grateful and then you'd REALLY resent it.

I wonder why the gift difference? That's strange... I'd be annoyed too.

Carolyn said...

Ditto...I wouldn't get her anything. I agree with Liesl about only giving gifts because you want to and not out of feeling obligated. Don't give it another thought!

Anonymous said...

Definitely agree with all of the above. No gift!

Jack's Mom said...

Thanks guys, you reaffirmed what I my instincts were saying. No GIFT!