Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, August 19, 2005

Lesson #27149 Learned

Another parenting lesson learned the hard way. I was going to the grocery store, which is about 3 minutes away, and of course Jack had to tag along. So we get ready to walk out to the garage and he has a crayon in his hand. He starts to throw a fit when I try to remove it from his little clenched fist, and since I was tired, frustrated and frazzled at the time, I said he could take it with him. My tired, frustrated, and frazzled brain was NOT working at the time. When I got to the grocery store (3 minutes away, maybe 5 tops) and opened up the door to let Jack out, what do my eyes behold? Yeah you guessed it. A lovely shade of blue/green crayon masterpiece ala Jack all over Daddy's brand new car door. The car is only 2 months old! I was going to take a picture of it. It really was quite a masterpiece and impressive. But I was so intent upon cleaning it that I forgot to grab the camera until I had it half cleaned. By the way Oxyclean 409 works miracles. I actually got most of it cleaned up with just a faint lines.

So that night, I was talking to Jim who is in Baltimore this week and I told him about what happened. And this is why I love this man so much. He started laughing. He didn't get mad or tell me I was stupid in letting a toddler have a crayon in the car. He just laughed. Gotta Love him.

Speaking of Jim, he is coming home today. I get to go pick him up in a couple of hours. I am trying to get the boy to take a nap right now, but he is in there babbling/screaming so I guess no nap. I just know he will be ready for one when we have to leave for the airport. And then he will be Mr. Grumpy Pants.

No comments: