Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Laura - TV, Cheerleading

This morning Laura slept in late, for her. She didn't get up until about 8 am, unlike her usual crack of dawn 6 am. That girl has so much energy and is nonstop. Anyway, she comes out all sleepy with her hair sticking up, cute. She plops herself on the couch and turns on the tv to Nickelodeon. At this point she is transfixed, mesmerized, glued to the tv. Her father comes in and out of the garage a few times and I think he even said good morning to her once. A few minutes later (during commercial break of course) she walks up to me and asks me if her dad had to work today?!? I just stared at her, trying to comprehend this. I finally said "are you serious?" and she was! She was so glued to that tv that she had no idea that her father was in the same room as her, let alone in the house, and was talking to her. I told her to go open up the garage door and look out there. She looked at me like I was crazy, but did it anyway. And she goes "oh he's out there". I truly believe that she had no idea what a ludicrous question she asked me. Argh pre-teens! And they say it only gets worse.

Speaking of Laura, she has been working really hard on her cheerleading. I must admit, that I was skeptical at first when I found out about the program. It seemed a bit strict and demanding for a 9 year old. But she has really come a long way since May when she first started. This coming Saturday, her cheer team is going to be performing at the local semi-pro baseball game in front of thousands of people. I am really excited for her and plan on being there with both video camera and digital camera. Yes, I do plan on being mad stepmom with cameras. But her mother? She is not going!?! I don't understand how she could stay away. How she can not support her daughter. But then again, I may never understand that woman. Anyway, I will post pictures of Laura in her cute little cheer outfit and maybe just maybe the video.

No comments: