Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Decisions Decisions!

Okay nobody told me going into this mothering, parenting gig that Halloween was such a tough holiday! I mean the decisions to make are sooo many. What shall my child wear for halloween? It seems like an innocent enough question doesn't it? But let me tell you, I have agonized over this very decision for the past 2 weeks. I have scoured online costume shops and catalogs in search for THE right costume. Really folks, it is NOT that simple!

First off, the sizes! It seems like all the cool costumes are made for the big kids like size 4 and up and the other category of costumes are for the babies like 12 months and down. What about for those kids in between? Seriously there are not a whole of options out there for the 24month 2T options. And you have to buy online or catalog because in the store - nothing for that size range.

Second, when you do find options in the appropriate size. The next question is WHAT is he gonna be. Do I wanna go all out with an elaborate costume? Believe me they are out there. Or something simple since it really is only one night and he won't remember it anyway.

So I pick option #2. Then there is there is the fact MY kid will NOT wear anything on his head. Period. Nothing. If it touches his head, it is coming off. So that narrows the costume choices by about 95%. Because they all come with a cute hat of some kind or another.

I tell ya, the decision was HARD. I did finally decide on something and ordered it online. No. You are not gonna find out what the Jackaroo is gonna wear for halloween until the time is right. I was just letting ya in on how HARD it was for ME.

No comments: