Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Yay! I Can Post!

Our internet is still really slowwww right now. It is comparable to dial-up! I am really hating Verizon dsl at this moment. It seems like about every 6 months or so, it just wants to quit working. I call them up and they give me the run around and about a week later, it is working again. I am thinking about switching to another company. Hmm that is a good idea! Have to put that on my list of things to do when I am unemployed. That list is becoming quite long, I tell ya.

The other thing that is not working in the house is our microwave! Have you ever gone without a microwave for 3 days? It is hard! The thing just up and quit on me on Sunday. Another phone call I have to make. The thing is only a little over a year old. Geesh they just dont make things like they used to.

Yesterday, I stayed home sick. I think the flu shot that I got on Saturday made me sick. I started to feel it on Monday and in the middle of the night, I woke up really NOT feeling good. All I can say is Thank God for daycare in those situations. I took Jack to daycare yesterday morning, came home and promptly crawled back into bed and did not wake up until almost 1pm! But I felt better after that wonderful sleep. I will miss daycare when I am unemployed. His daycare is only about 5 minutes away from our house and it is so handy for times like yesterday.

Jack woke up this morning at 5 am. I was up myself at 4 am this morning, so it wasn't too bad. I think with all that sleep I had yesterday, my body said "enough sleep girl!". I got up at that early hour when nobody else was up and watched the Gilmore Girls episode from last night. Okay, just have to say that either Rory or Lorelie are just going to have to make the first move. They are both being stupid. And man was Emily cold to Rory after she found out that she was having sex! Geesh, what did she think? The girl is 21 after all. Yeah, I know, I get pretty passionate over Gilmore Girls.

I am trying to get Jack to take a nap right now. I told the office that I would be in sometime today to get some things done. I am going to have to take Jack with me, so that should be fun! We'll see just how well that goes over. Thank goodness the boss is out this week and won't see the destruction that my little tornado can do to the office. Can I just say again that I can not wait to be unemployed?

Oh yeah, Jim's sister and her husband is arriving tonight for a visit. She lives in Seattle and I haven't met her yet. I am looking forward to meeting her because she really does inspire me. Without going into much detail, Jack is actually named after her two sons who were killed in a tragic boating accident when they were 3 and 6. She also lost her husband in the same accident. How she managed to survive is beyond me. I am pretty sure you would have to lock me up in a padded cell. Anyway, I am looking forward to meeting her. Of course that means a flurry of cleaning activity once I know that the boy is truly asleep napping.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Life without a microwave? Can't picture it. Not even for a day.

Carolyn said...

I am with Monkeygirl about the microwave. I don't know what I would do without it. Now the real oven on the other hand...I could live without that thing for at least a month and not even miss it! Sad, I know.