Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, October 17, 2005

Well I Did It

It as in gave my notice today to quit my job. I thought that I would feel a little more regret than I do, but really I just can't wait to walk out of here! I have been with this company for 6 1/2 years and have seen a lot of changes. My responsibilities have grown tenfold since signing on to be just their accountant. I have been very loyal and could of gone elsewhere to bigger paychecks, but I stayed here because a) I was loyal and wanted to help the company and b) I was comfortable and knew my job inside and out. And did it very well, thank you very much.

But today after I told my boss, all I wanted to do was run out the door! Forget loyalty. I gave him 4 weeks notice stating that my last day would be Nov 11. He will probably be asking me to come in on a consulting basis and help them through year-end which nobody knows how to do. Ha! I get extra moola.

But as of Nov 11, I will officially be a SAHM. I can. not. wait.! I already looked up online and there is a playgroup of about 30 mothers in my area that have get togethers twice a week and even Mom's night out events. They are all like so organized with their own website and message board and everything. Impressive. I also am going to enroll Jack in My Gym probably starting after the holiday craziness. It is pretty spendy, but I think it will be so good for him.

Whew! What a relief. I think a thousands pounds were just lifted off my shoulders.

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Good for you! It is so completely wonderful that you are going to be able to stay home with Jack. I'm so glad you are feeling better too. I saw the post about how much the new diet has helped you. I hope your last four weeks at work are okay...usually knowing the end is near helps though.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! I'm so jealous!!!

Claire said...

Yay!! Sounds great. I'm so happy for you and the Jackaroo, and a 2x a week playgroup would be awesome!