Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Sentences!

Jack's vocabulary is growing these days and he has learned to put more than one word together at a time. Now don't get me wrong, most of the stuff he says is complete gobbligook to me. But, every now and then something will get through and it amazes me what he says.

Last week we were watching Laura at her cheer practice. This is always a fun thing to do with the Jackaroo because he is constantly wandering off onto the practice mat where the girls are. But there is a big sign posted that no siblings are allowed on the practice mat. Anyway, he was standing on my lap and happened to glimpse Laura doing her stuff and he does his little squeal and points at her and says clear as day "Thats my Sissy". Even the other mothers around me were staring at him in awe!

And then tonight we were sitting on the floor playing with his legos. He walked away to go get one from across the room, he comes back and hands it to me and says again clear as day "Hi Mom".

It is amazing how the little things can just tear at your heartstrings and you think you can't love this kid anymore than at that moment. This mother thing is the best!

1 comment:

Claire said...

Yay! I love the sentences! It's so amazing how the verbal stuff seems to come together out of the blue. Isaac is coming up with new phrases everyday, and it just takes my breath away.