Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

How To Go From Zero To Mad In 3.6 Seconds

Have your husband call you at work and tell you that TPTB (The Powers That Be) are telling him that he has to go to Wash DC for 3 months starting in a week! Yeah. Can you say Mad? Jim called me on Monday to tell me this little bit of joyful news. It actually is a very big compliment because the big cheeses in DC really like what he does and they want him to show off. But, um, Big Cheeses, the man has a family and a life ya know. Do they realize how hard it is just to leave family and life for 3 months? But as it turned out the TPTB here in California actually wanted him MORE and said NO to the DC Big Cheeses. But, I have a feeling that is just temporary and in the near future his little trip to DC is gonna happen. I know that Jim loves his job and its a great job and important and all and provides us with a secure future, BUT it can be a major Pain In The Ass (PITA).

But because the TPTB here in California say he is so important to them, he has been put on the 8-5 shift instead of the 6-2 shift. I HATE that and so does Jim. It means that it can take over 2 hours for him to get home at night because of the oh so lovely traffic at that time. That means he never sees Jack during the week because a lot of the time, Jack is in bed or very close to bedtime when Daddy gets home. It also means that Laura is my responsiblity to take to school AND pick up from school. How one does all this AND try to keep MY job (which we kinda need if we wanna keep the house) is down right impossible. Oh and also get Laura to her cheer practice twice a week. All this and NOT going insane. Yeah. Mission Impossible.

In the Jackaroo News Department - He has been sleeping ALOT lately. It has become quite difficult keeping the kid awake much past 7pm these days. He is soooo tired around 6:30, that he will just stand and scream and scream and scream. When I ask him if he wants to "go sleepies" he nods his head and runs off to his room. He also doesn't wake up until 12 hours later! My thinking is that he is going through another growth spurt and will sprouting another inch or two very soon. Oh Yay, I get to buy more new pants for the boy.

He also has been talking a lot more, or I should say copying whatever we say. When I am yelling at one of the 4 leaches in our house (aka pets) he will go up to them and start yelling the same thing. So funny.

He also absolutely LOVES having his sister live with us. The first thing he says when he wakes up in the morning is "Sissy" and just lets out this squeal of delight when he sees her. I also think it is good for her to know that somebody loves her so much and unconditionally. The girl has been having some self-esteem issues lately and having a little brother squeal in delight when he sees her, helps in that area. The two are going to be very close when they are older, I think.

And today is his 19th month birthday. Good Grief. He is growing up so fast. 19 months is closer to 2 years old than 1 year old. Oh my gosh, he's going to be 2 in five months! So I guess when somebody asks how old he is, I can say "almost 2".

No comments: