Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Thinking About Cold Weather

I was looking through the Lands End catalog this morning and I have to admit that for about 5 seconds I actually kinda sorta missed the cold weather that I grew up with in Michigan. I think what I miss is the snuggling up in warm clothes, but what I don't miss is the day in and day out living with snow and ice - yuck!

It is getting cooler here in California. It actually is quite chilly at night and in the mornings, but it has been in the mid-80's during the day. I guess I am missing the fall weather, not really the cold weather.

Speaking of cold weather, I have ordered Jack's "big" christmas gift. Jim finally got paid for his FEMA duty (YAY!) and thought I would get a jump start on Christmas this year. This is what I bought. I have been looking at them for some time now and for the money, this is really good. These train sets can go up to $500! No way I am going to spend that kinda money on the kid. I also am going to order Laura a couple of things and then put some money away so that Christmas isn't soooo hard this year.

Anyway, I am off today from work. I am going to go help my friend Mark who just started a new job and is having a bit of problems with the accounting part of it and well since that is my speciality, I said I would help out. He really needs it. Jack is being dropped off at his Aunt Janet's house to play with her other daycare kids.

No comments: