Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Saturday, October 15, 2005

The Obsession Grows

Jack's obsession with his stuffed animals is getting out of hand. Yesterday, I was trying to go to the grocery store. I was telling Jack that we were going bye-bye, which usually makes him run to the door and say "ready", which sounds like "why" coming out of his mouth, but it is his ready. But not yesterday when I wanted to do a quick run to the grocery store. No my child had to throw a temper tantrum for 3 minutes. The reason? I told him that his stuffed animals had to stay home. He now has 4 that he can not be parted from. There is Doggie, Murphy, Wiffer, and now Mr. Bear the latest addition from the zoo trip. And the boy can't even hold all 4 at once, which doesn't stop him from trying and ends up with handing one or two to me to carry for him.

Anyway, yesterday I could tell that he was visibly upset at the thought of leaving the stuffed animals at home - ALONE! I mean there were tears, real tears, coming down his cheeks! So I thought, why not and let him carry them to the car, with me carrying Murphy and Wiffer. So I get him all strapped in and pile the animals on top of him and he looked so cute. I had to take this picture of him with my camera phone. At least I figure, he is a bit safer with all that cushion in front of him!


No comments: