Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Looks Like We Need To Hide The Christmas Presents

I posted earlier about how we bought Jack a train set for Christmas. Well we also bought 2 of the train engines from the Thomas set - the Thomas train of course and the Jack train of course. Jack knows Thomas so well now that when he sees it in the store his eyes light up and he starts squealing in delight. In fact, he drug the Thomas board game behind him throughout the store until I could get him occupied on another toy.

This obsession with Thomas led to a problem tonight. I had the 2 Thomas trains sitting on the counter and Jack happened to spot them. I told him that he could not have them right now. The crying, screaming and tantrum that followed was of epic proportions. I tried to get him interested in his legos, mega blocks, the bouncy ball, his play phone, and his corn popper, but NOTHING would get his mind off the 2 little trains that sat on the counter. Do ya think that I need to hide the Christmas presents from now on?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH YEAH - hide the loot!