Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Lazy Rainy Day

We did not end up going to the fair today. It was raining and cold here today. So instead we made a trip to Toys R Us for some early Christmas shopping. Laura was with us, so shopping for her was out. Although I think I am going to get her one of those kid's video cameras so she can take her own video and edit it on the computer.

Anyway, as usual Jim and Jack found their way to the cars, trucks and trains sections and were BOTH totally enthralled with all things testosterone. It really is funny to see them both check out a car or tractor and start pushing buttons. Laura and I just roll our eyes at the boys.

We did buy the train set that I was looking at on Amazon. It was on sale at $20 off. We also got him a Thomas engine and a Jack engine of course to go with the train set. Oh yeah and I got a new winter coat for Jack which was only $14 on sale. Score!

We also took advantage of their buy one board game and get one free sale. We bought scrabble and sorry in case you were wondering.

After Toys R Us we went to get lunch. While we were sitting there, Jack started fidgeting and whining. I was thinking it was just nap time. But then I could smell that he needed his diaper changed. And when I changed him, I could not believe his bottom. In a matter of 3 hours, his bottom went from just slightly red to blistered and actually bleeding! It is the worst diaper rash that I have ever seen him have. Poor thing, I would have been screaming my head off if my bottom was like that. I really don't know what is up with his diaper rashes. He goes for a couple of months with nothing and then all of a sudden, it just sprouts. I seriously have every single diaper rash treatment on the market I believe.

When we came back home, Laura and I played Scrabble while Jim and Jack took naps. Poor Jim, he has to go into work tonight at midnight for a 14 hour shift. He works so hard!

Oh and now it is thundering! I guess summer is over.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh that is such a hard shift! Mr. Belle used to work that shift and it was as if we passed in the night. Sometimes I would think...when did we last see each other? His was actually 7pm7 am but he had an hour commute.