Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, October 24, 2005

Weekend Adventures

I tried to post all weekend long, but to no avail. Our internet was being soooooo slow that it would freeze up whenever I tried to get into the blogger post. So here I am at work posting.

We up and did it on Saturday. We cut Jack's hair. I will have pictures later when I can get the internet working at home. But he looks so much older now! Both Jack and Daddy got a haircut at the same time. Jack started to cry, but when he was turned around and saw that Daddy was getting the same thing done, he stopped crying and took it like a big boy. I do miss the curls and Pat, his daycare lady, was upset at the loss of his curls. But he looks so much better now, I have to admit. He was looking pretty much like a ragamuffin child!

He suddenly seemed to start communicating this weekend. Yesterday morning he walked up to me and said "wheres Sissy?" I told him that she was taking a shower. I could tell that he didn't understand the word shower, so I said she is taking a bath. He said "Bath? Okay." He then runs down the hall to the bathroom and starts pounding on the bathroom door yelling "Sissy Sissy Sissy". After a few minutes of not getting Sissy's attention he walks back into the family room, hands the remote control to me and says "ChooChoo". Which meant he wanted to watch Thomas. So I put on one of the Thomas shows. He then crawls up into my lap and is so happy to just sit there and watch Thomas. He is just spouting new words daily now. So fun to watch and hear!

I also went shopping this weekend for new clothes for him. He had 2 pairs of long pants that fit him. The kid now is wearing a 2T. He also got a Thomas the train shirt that he literally hugged all through the store. Do ya think the kid likes Thomas? I also got Laura's birthday covered that is on Dec 5th. She is getting a really cool pair of pjs, a couple of cool shirts, and a chearleading teddy bear dressed in her chear team colors and her name on it. So cute.

We went walking around the outlets yesterday and Jim saw this Thomas Lionel train set and before you know it, he and the owner guy of the hobby shop were talking strategy on how to hang the track around a kid's bedroom. Yeah, Jack will probably have a Thomas the train Lionel set running around the ceiling of his bedroom. Can you say spoiled child?

No comments: