Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, January 13, 2006

A Good Mommy and Jack Day

We went to My Gym for a makeup class today. We actually have 2 classes to makeup because he was sick one week and I was sick the next. Anyway, Jack had an absolute blast. Of course, goes without saying. That place is such a toddler heaven. Today we had a really great guy for a teacher. I think he owns the place. He was hilarious and had so much energy! He kept making Jack his example kid. Today was "back flip" day and he used Jack to teach us stupid parents how to back flip our kids. Of course, Jack was a mass of giggles doing the flips. Later on, they brought out this trapeze thing where the kids would hang on it and then turn them around in circles. Again, massive giggles came from the boy, especially once he tried to walk and was all dizzy. He just thought that was the funnest thing in the world.

He also participated a lot better this time. It is so funny because a lot of the songs have the kids jumping and well I don't think Jack quite gets the whole concept of jumping. His "jumping" consists of pumping his arms up and down but his feet never actually leave the ground. Yeah weird kid, I know.

On the way out, they always give the stamp the kid's hands. He was so proud of his stamp that he had to show everybody in the grocery store his stamp.

We then went to McDonalds for lunch. He is such a grown up little man now. He is so good. He will stand right next to me while I pay and not run off like some of the other kids were doing. Even when there was the huge temptation of THE PLAYLAND just a few feet away. And then he sat in the booth across the table from me without a booster seat or anything. He just sat there and ate his happy meal while watching the kids in the playland. Then I let him play for a few minutes before we left.

Now he is napping. It is a late nap for him today. But he was such a little trooper today. Ahhh days like these make the whole parenting thing worth while.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome you had such a good day! I love those days too. And I can't wait to have another one if Mo ever starts to feel better!

Anonymous said...

When Jack giggles, it comes right from his toes and up. I laughed right out loud when I read the Blog. I showed it to Pa Pa and he laughed right out loud also.

Mrs. Flinger said...

Sounds like so much fun. We need something like that in our lives. LB is right now in her crib (still not napping) screaming and laughing because she didn't get ENOUGH playing in.

*sigh*

Can we come over?