Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

The Train Table

The train table that Jack got from Santa this year is a huge huge hit. It is also the best babysitter in the world. He can stand there and push his choo-choos all around the thing for like 30 minutes at a time! Amazing amount of time in toddler-time. But he also thinks that it is a family time activity. He will sit down next to the table and then pat the floor saying "there". This means that he wants one of us to go sit next to him and play choo-choos. And it doesn't mean just for a few minutes, no siree, he means for like the next hour we are to sit there on the floor playing choo-choos. But I do have a confession to make. I can not for the life of me figure out how to lay the track to make it loop around and stuff. I think you need a double major in physics and engineering to do that or else be a Daddy. It is complicated stuff people!

The pictures below are of when Grammy and Papa were here. He even talked the old folks into getting on the floor!



However, because of its size and the 10,000 pieces it came with, it is causing much stress in my life. We put in the family room along with all the other toys and they are taking over the room! And I haven't even opened half of the christmas gifts he received from all the adoring family all around the country. No, we still have a full set of Little People something (not sure which one), a Thomas lego set, and a Read-with-me Dvd thingy that I haven't figured out yet but looks cool. Where on earth does all this stuff go? Seriously people, I think I have a fairly big family room, but the other day after my bout of laziness/sickness of not cleaning, the room looked a toy factory had exploded! Trains, cars, tractors, trucks, blocks all were strewn everywhere, including a half-eaten apple. It was quite frightening to be honest.

So the decision has been made to save my sanity. We have decided to set up Jack's playroom in our back room. It has a couch, tv, computer and space to put the train table and 10,000 other toys. That is our new family room when Jack is awake and wanting to play. And it is in the back of the house out of sight where I won't stress because it is messy. I'll post pictures in a few days when everything is set.

Now if I can just work on that closet of mine that looks like a bomb went off.

No comments: