Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, January 20, 2006

Oh Yeah, There Was Fun Involved

We went to the new toddler heaven in town today called Child's Play. The place was a lot of fun and such a great way for Jack to interact with other kids his age and also burn off some toddler energy. The place is basically one big playroom with hundreds of toys and climbing thingys and ball pits and just cool stuff.

I actually met some nice other mothers while there. I met one woman who had two twin little boys who were only 2 weeks younger than Jack. Boy oh boy am I glad I did not have twins. I asked her if she was having anymore and she answered "Oh God No" so incredibly fast. They were totally into everything and of course opposite ends of the room. I can't even imagine trying to keep up with two Jacks. Good Grief. The woman is a hero, I tell ya.

The great thing about the place was you could just let your little toddler run free and kinda sit back and watch or talk with the other mothers. It was a lot of fun and I am sure we will go back there again.

And the best part of it all? We came home and ate some lunch. Afterward, Jack went and picked up his Doggie and started walking back to his room singing the Sleepy song we sing to him everynight. The boy WANTED to take a nap!!! Miracles do happen! I put him in his crib and he said to me "Nite Nite" and rolled over and went to sleep! And slept for THREE HOURS.

Oh yeah we are definitely going back there again.


Started the day off in the kitchen washing dishes. He LOVED this thing and for about a minute I actually was considering putting one of these things in my house. But what with the train table, the massive amounts of books, the toy bins, toy chest, and trains, planes and automobiles scattered throughout the house, do I REALLY need this also? No, I don't think so either.


Played with the wall thingy with all the cool gadgets.


Then there was the many multiple rides on the roller coast. He kept getting on and figured out how to turn it on by himself and went round and round and round. Big Hit.



Had to do a bit of work involving moving some blocks from one end of the room to the other with the hand truck. This ended when the little brunette in the background decided she needed to move the blocks back across the room and there was much screaming on both sides.


Rode the fishie rocking thingy for a bit.



Worked out a bit on the "treadmill". He actually jumped a teeny tiny bit for about 3.5 seconds. Seriously the kid doesn't get the whole concept of jumping.



And finished the day off with a bit of coloring. Really cool idea of putting paper down on the table and letting the kids go at it. Might just have to do that and maybe do some finger painting or something.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like my grandson had a great day. I love it that he wanted to take a nap with the sleepy song. Pictures are GREAT!!

mommyofkgrc said...

that place looks awesome. . .wish we had something like that here. . .such a FUN safe place for little ones to PLAY PLAY PLAY!!!

Claire said...

I want a cool place like that! What AWESOME toys! Great pics, by the way.