Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Just Realized

After looking at the ticker above, I just realized that Jack is 22 months today. TWO more months and he will be TWO Years old! Again, WOW!

He is still not feeling like his old self yet. About the only the thing he wants to eat today is dry cheerios and a couple of pretzels. He also was very content to sit in the chair under a blanket and watch the Disney Playhouse tv shows all morning long. In fact, when I would go try to do some laundry, he would come find me and take my hand and lead me back to the chair. He would then pat the chair saying "chair" and make me sit down with him and watch tv while he ate his cheerios. I guess the house cleaning and 22 loads of laundry can wait. The reason why we have all the laundry is that the boy threw up on every single article of clothing, blankets, bedding, and stuffed animals. Everything has to be washed and I mean EVERYTHING.

Another thing I just learned today after googling "green poop" was that grape gatorade makes poop neon green. Jack has been drinking the gatorade a lot in the last few days to replenish all the stuff that he hacked up and since yesterday has had a very green shade of poop. Dr. Google reassured me that the cause of all the greeness was in fact the gatorade. Who knew? I surely didn't.

So now the boy is napping. I am going to tip toe into his room and try to remove Doggie from his bed so I can throw Doggie into the wash and clean off the throw up stains. I tried to do that earlier and the boy had a screaming fit. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Here's hoping he gets better soon. Sick kids are the worse. Not because they are a pain to deal with (although may be true). but because you just feel so bad for them and helpless!

Anonymous said...

My poor nephew. It sounds like Mom and child have not been having fun. I am glad he is feeling better!!! Looks like the dessert was very fun.