Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

When did I become one of those?

Jack has an appointment today to finally get his flu shot. You see back in November I had an appointment all set up for him for the shot, but was called 3 days before and was told that they were out of the shots and don't bother coming in. And of course, you just can't take an almost-2-year-old just anywhere to get a flu shot like you can a 30-something mother. I got mine at the grocery store!

So when I was at the doctor's last week with Jack and mentioned that he did not get a flu shot because THEY ran out, the doctor informed me that they got a second shipment in a few weeks prior. Why was I not notified of this? Why did it have to be that my son had to get a raging flu bug and end up in the ER because they did not notify me? Mad? Um yeah.

So I said that I would like one. They said they had 4 left and would reserve one for Jack. So today is the day he gets his flu shot. A little bit late, but I guess better than never.

Anyway, the appointment is for 9:30 this morning. And upon waking up and realizing that I had to be out of the house before 9:00 to get there on time (since we moved, the doctor is now a good 30 minutes away), I was bummed. I didn't want to get out of the house at that "early" time. Of course, it doesn't help that I have been out of the house for a total of 20 minutes in the last 4 days. And that was to run to the drug store!

But my question is, when did it happen? I used to be able to get up and out of the house with both me and Jack dressed and looking good BEFORE 7 am. And now after 2 months of being unemployed, I grumble about having to get out of the house at 9am?!? Sad. Very Sad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

With my two I consider it a blessing if I am at my desk by 9. Honestly, we take mornings easy and I am usually here by 9 30 or so... On days I have to be here early I freak out like getting up at 6:30 is unheard of. I don't know how I will ever get them to school on time!