Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

The Big Boy Jack Took Over My Baby!

The boy seems to be growing up so fast, everyday there seems to be something new. He is now talking and seems to know EVERYTHING. For instance, he can name all the sesame street characters. Granted he has been watching the show almost everyday for his entire life. He also knows the song to Elmo's World and sings it loudly everyday.

He somehow knows other characters from tv that we hardly ever watch. Like Dora. He pointed out Dora to me in the store the other day. How does he know? Just like all the Thomas and friends. How does he know all of them? I can hardly keep track of them all!

He also counts to ten and loves to count. The other day we were in the car waiting for Laura to show up and he and I were counting all the other cars. He thought that was such a cool thing.

We went to see Chicken Little on Sunday. And I could not believe how good he was. He sat there in the seat next to me eating his popcorn and laughing at the movie. At one point he looked at me, pointed at the screen, and said "Funny" while laughing.

And to solidify the proof that the big kid has taken over my little baby - He slept in the toddler bed last night. He ran right into his room, jumped on his bed and couldn't wait to sleep in the big boy bed. Then this morning, he woke up, and came running into my bedroom laughing. He was so proud of himself.

We need to slow time down people. This is just happening too fast.

No comments: