Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, February 03, 2006

No Park Today

I put the boy down at 10 for a quick nap before we left to go to the park playdate. He's still sleeping at 12:30! So no park today. But let me tell you, it is absolutely beautiful here today. And I am wearing shorts! I just got done with cleaning up the patio and doing some yard work, all while wearing shorts. It is perfect weather today.

Once the boy gets up from his marathon nap (the one I wanted him to take yesterday), we are going to go out in the backyard and soak up some sunshine.

Oh and I just had to tell this story about Jack today. We went to the grocery store early this morning for a few quick things. This grocery store gives out free cookies from their bakery and I always manage to grab one for the boy, which keeps him happy for the duration of the shopping. I tell you this kid's memory is really amazing because as soon as we pulled into the parking lot, he started yelling "Tooey Tooey" which is his word for "cookie" (remember he can't say K sounds).

And that reminds me when we went to My Gym this week. Last week they brought out the choo-choo ride and the boy melted down because he only got to ride it once. This week, we got there and he said "choo choo?" and put his hands out questioning where the choo choo was. That memory thing is kicking in.

I hope you all are having a good Friday today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am jealous of the gym. Our small town needs more for the young kids... and the older ones as well! It is beautiful outside today, why can't it do that on a SATURDAY! Gah!