Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Where the Wild Things Are ... Part 2

We had a really fun time yesterday at the Wild Animal Park. We went with the mommy group and there were 5 mommies and 6 kids. The one mother with 2 kids was awesome. Not sure that I would be as awesome as her with 2 kids. She had a 2 1/2 year old and a 2 month old baby AND she was at the zoo by herself! Amazing. I am a wimp.

It was really nice to get out and actually have some adult conversation and the toddlers were all within about 5 or 6 months of each other. They had a good time, and the mommies had a good time. We did a lot of walking but the weather was absolutely perfect. Not too hot and not too cold (wow that sounded like goldilocks hehe).

We ended up not doing some things that I would have done if we were alone - like the tram ride. It is an hour ride around the park, but the other mothers said that their toddlers wouldn't do very well for an hour. I think Jack would have been fine because he is so totally crazy about the animals. Most of the other mothers didn't want to go into the petting zoo because they were afraid of germs. I thought that was a little bit ridiculous. They did offer Purell on the way out and isn't petting zoos a rite of passage as a kid? So we will be doing the petting zoo and tram when we go back.

I bought the yearly pass with parking that gets us into this park and the San Diego zoo for the next 14 months. This park is a lot closer to us and I can see Jack and I going here a lot by ourselves or with the other mommies a lot. The yearly pass is only $126 for Jim and I and Jack is free until he is 3 (ALOT cheaper than Disneyland!). If we take Laura, I'll buy her a yearly pass for only $21. Not too bad.

I guess Jack was really exhausted last night because he went to bed BEFORE 7 pm and slept until 7 this morning. And I have to admit the day pretty much wiped me out also.


Jack loved the lions. We also saw a baby lion eating lunch from a baba. Jack kept saying "baby lion" over and over again. And of course when he came up to the lion here, he had to say "ROAR". He got that from the lion on the MGM logo on tv.




Here he is playing with his buddy Sam. They are the same age, Sam just turned 2 last week. They had a ton of fun together. I think Sam is a bit more adventurous than Jack, but Jack had to do whatever Sam did. Or I should say that Jack had to *climb* anything that Sam did. Also Sam has seen the movie Madagascar a few times because he kept looking for Melman all day hehe.


Sam had the really cool car stroller that Jack really really liked. So about halfway during the day, they switched strollers. Jack was in the car stroller being pushed by Sam's Mom, Anna. And Sam was in Jack's stroller being pushed by me. They seemed to accept this arrangement and as long as they weren't screaming, all was right with the world and the mom's were fine with the arrangement also.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No petting zoo? That's what soap and water's for!!