Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Toddler Bed Woes, the Saga Continues

All was good with the toddler bed. He napped on it yesterday. When he woke up, he got out of bed all by himself, grabbed his doggie, then went outside his room, closed the door and proceeded to come see us in the family room. He was so proud of himself for doing this, he couldn't stop giggling and laughing. He just thought that was the neatest thing.

But, last night going to bed was a whole different story. I thought all was going well. We read some books while he laid in bed, I said good night and tiptoed out of the room. About 10 minutes later, he showed up in the family talking about "toys" and "choo choos". I again took him back to bed and AGAIN he got up a few minutes later. The third time he got up, he was carrying his pillow, blanket and doggie with him and rubbing his eyes. I knew he was very tired, but for some reason, he just couldn't sleep on the big boy bed. So when we went into his bedroom, this time he patted the crib. Yep, he wanted to sleep in his crib. So at almost 9:00, I switched the mattress to the crib and put the pillow, blanket, and stuffed animals in there and then a Jackaroo. He fell asleep almost instantly.

So the saga continues. I figure we are not going to take down the crib until he has slept consistently in the bed for at least a week.

Ha, and I was going to start potty training also! LOL, I think I will hold off on THAT transistion until we get the toddler bed down. Geesh!

4 comments:

Mrs. Flinger said...

It's so helpful to have blogger friends who are doing transitions a few months ahead of me ;-)

Thanks for the heads up! lol

Claire said...

Isaac won't fall asleep in his toddler bed unless I sit in his room with him. He will eagerly climb in and lay down by himself and stay there (as long as I am in the room). I sit down next to his bed and we say prayers, and then I go across his room and sit in a rocking chair and rock there until he falls asleep. It can be pretty taxing, but Mike (from whom Isaac apparently inherited his sleep disorders) says he was the same way when he was a young'un, that he didn't like to fall asleep unless his mommy was in the room with him.

That's what works for us...but it sounds like perhaps the Jack-aroo is still down with sleeping in his crib. Isaac was NOT, and he does like his toddler bed a lot.

mommyofkgrc said...

ahhh. . we're having the same sleep issues. . . .SIGH. . .

-LGirl- said...

In our case the crib worked as the threat. you stay in that bed or you'll have to go into the crib. She wanted to stay in the big bed so she only ever got out once.
Well except for Saturday when she fell out and got a black eye...
Picture to come on my blog soon.