Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Successful Playdate!

We went to a playdate today and it was a lot of fun. It was held at somebody's house and it was all 1-3 year olds. There were about 10 kids and 7 mothers and everybody got along really really well. No snobs this time - yay! Jack played really well with the other kids while the mothers just sat around talking about their kids. Not sure if any other topic was involved except for our kids, but it was fun comparing and talking about where the great toys and clothes bargains are in town.

Oh my gosh, speaking of toys, this place had probably 10 times the amount of toys that Jack has. Their entire backyard was filled with Little Tykes stuff. They had the playhouse, kitchen, sandbox, THREE ride-on cars, and almost every Little People imaginable. At first I thought that other mothers brought some of the toys, but I was later informed that it all belonged to one 2-year-old little girl. Geesh! And here I was thinking that Jack had a lot of toys. The boy doesn't even come close.

But it was all fun and we were there for a couple of hours. We made plans to meet again next week at another mother's house. So hopefully it will work out to someplace fun that Jack and I can go to regularly. We have our weeks full these days with Gym class on Tuesdays and now Playgroup on Wednesday. And tomorrow we have plans to go to a kids craft thing at the outlet center nearby. Supposedly it is for the 2-5 year-old crowd. This stay-at-home thing is pretty fun.

On the way home, Jack fell asleep about 3 minutes before we got home. And it seems that 3 minutes was enough nap for him because he WILL NOT nap. Right now, he is in his crib talking and carrying on very deep conversations with his stuffed animals. Actually I think he is playing suicide jumping with them as he throws them out of the crib. I was peeking in there and he was saying "up up up up" as he raised an animal up and then "DOWWWWNNN" as he threw one by one to the floor outside the crib. Whatever, I just hope he will settle down and actually sleep because I don't want a crabby, cranky Jack until bedtime. We shall see.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad yall are having fun at home together!

Anonymous said...

That's cool that you found a fun play date. God, I feel lazy. I haven't done anything like that with Mo!