Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Broken Record ... That's Me

Yes I know that I have written about the subject of the toddler bed Ad Nauseam. And here I go again.

We tried it again last night. I wasn't going to because I , myself, was exhausted and well Gilmore Girls was coming on and you all know my obsession with GG. So to make a long, boring story short, we go into his room to get ready for bed. The mattress is in the crib and the boy is yelling at me to "move bed". I tell him that we need to get our jammies on first and then we'll talk. But no, he has to have a fit about the mattress being in the crib. So my defenses breakdown and I move the mattress to the toddler bed. Oh and by the way, I am getting very very tired of moving that mattress a thousand times a day. I put him in the bed and because my favorite show is coming on in 5 minutes, I leave the room. I tell him he can not get up and to stay there and go to sleep. Yeah right. That would be like telling a prisoner to stay in his cell when all the doors are wide open.

Jim and I are watching GG and Jack comes walking into the family room. He is laughing and giggling and thinking this whole new found freedom is just the coolest thing. Because I was soo tired and well because of GG (even though I was recording the thing also), Jim took him back to bed and put him in the crib, against the wishes of the boy.

Now, the boy wants to be in the bed, but will not stay there. What do I do? I stayed with him the other night until he slept, but he still got up and was freaking out because he had closed the door. Do I just keep doing that?

I think he is ready to be in the big bed and clearly wants to be there. Just being the stubborn Jack that he is, he will not stay there. I worry that he will be wandering the house and get hurt. And if the door is closed, he freaks out. Not to mention the crabby Jack the next day because he didn't get much sleep. Oy! Just when you get the sleeping thing down, then comes this.

No comments: