Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, February 10, 2006

Cleaning House With A Toddler 101

This morning I guess I got the cleaning bug because before noon, I had cleaned the kitchen, bathrooms, laundry room along with 3 loads of laundry. And all with a Jackaroo "Helping" me.

It started with me vacuuming this morning while he was trying to watch Dragon Tales. All of a sudden I hear him screaming "MAMA MAMA" over the vacuum noise. I look over there and he has this really really annoyed look on his face. It has happened. My child has yelled at me for trying to vacuum while he was watching cartoons. Bound to happen sooner or later I guess.

Then I started mopping the floor, which is one of his favorite things to do. He will take the mop and pretend to mop all day long. So he tried to take the mop away from me and I kept telling him that it is "mommy's turn". So what does he do? He runs off down the hall to the laundry room and grabs the ceiling fan duster and comes back and starts to "mop" the floor also.



Other joyful occasions while cleaning this morning included him trying to drown Doggie in the toilet while I cleaned said toilet. Also, he got into my makeup drawer while I was in the shower cleaning and proceeded to dig out my eye shadow and wipe it all over the door, floor, himself AND Doggie.

Now he is napping. Can we all say "YAY"? He has been napping for almost 3 hours. I think that cold is wiping him out a bit. Poor guy. I just hope it doesn't turn into anything more than sniffles and watery eyes.

Oh yeah and at some point my child has turned into a fashion guru. This morning, I went to get a shirt for him out of the closet. He yelled "NO" and took the shirt out of my hands and threw it on the floor and pointed to the open closet. So I went over there and had to show him about 4 or 5 shirts while he said "No" to each one of them until we came to THE shirt. Who knew he really liked the striped green and blue shirt so much?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beaux is a swiffer man himself. LOL! I wish the cleaning phase would continue into their teen years!

Anonymous said...

Fashion guru?? That's just funny! Mo doesn't give the slightest care in the world about what I put on her. Well, actually, that's partially true. She'd prefer no clothing at all!

Claire said...

These kids and their cleaning. Isaac loves to help me vacuum -- Dada jokes that those genes did not come from me.