Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

28 Lbs!

That is how much Jack is weighing these days. I actually thought it was more than that. The kid is solid I tell ya. He is 28 lbs and 33.5 inches. I could of sworn that they told me he was 34 inches last time, but they had 33 inches written in his chart. So he has gained 2 lbs and a half inch in the last 2.5 months. He is in the 80 percentile for both height and weight and 60 percentile for his head. He checked out fine and he got 2 shots, which he was not a happy camper about. His appointment was at 10 am today, but we didn't get to see the doctor until 11:15! We waited in the waiting room for over an hour. He was having fun with a little red-headed girl. They were running all over the place and screaming. He likes the girls! So by the time we were all done, he was very cranky. He was hungry AND tired. We came home and I fixed him a quick lunch and off to a 3 hour nap. Heaven!

I took the opportunity to nap myself. I am thinking that my sinuses are now infected really bad, along with an ear infection. My ear has never been the same since I flew home last week and my sinuses are now starting to bleed. Anyway, I have felt like crap for a week.

And of course all this doesn't do my attitude toward my DEAR husband any good. Everytime I want to just go lay down, but can't because I have to take care of HIS son, my blood pressure starts to rise rapidly. And to make matters worse when I called him just now, he "couldn't talk" because he was out with the other people. He's in Orlando at the moment just having a good ole time I bet. He leaves tomorrow to go to Biloxi and since the phones are still down in most areas, I won't be able to talk to him. Oh well, I really don't want to talk to him right now anyway.

A friend offered to take Jack for a couple of days for me. It was really nice of her and I may take her up on the offer for a day or so. The problem is that Jack has been so needy of me since Jim left. He won't let me out of his sight without whining. And he insists that I carry him and hold him all the time. I am sure he is sensing my stress and feeling it himself. So me dropping him off with a friend might really stress him out more.

1 comment:

Mrs. Flinger said...

Hi! I came from Erin's blog. Sorry he's so clingy. Change is so hard for the kiddos. I'm in the same boat with not wanting to leave my little one. I'm trying to remember it's good for her, too. But it's hard for ME. :-)

Hope you had a good day off!