Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, September 25, 2005

Disneyland Weekend!!!

We just got home from our Mommy And Jack Disneyland Weekend. And I have to say that we had a blast. It actually was very nice just the two of us. We went at our own pace and just had some good ole fun.

When we first got there on Friday, we went to California Adventure park. And we saw Goofy and let me just say that the boy was NOT happy to see Goofy and did not want any part of him at all. I have pictures that I will post later. We also saw the Aladdin show and what a great show that is. The genie in the show was HILARIOUS. Adult humor for the adults thats for sure. And Jack was mesmerized with the show for the entire 45 minutes. I really didn't think he would be able to sit that long, but the show held his attention - amazing!

Then we went to the Bugs Life area where we rode all the rides. And they had a water park where the water would jump out at random intervals. The kids loved it. And Jack was no exception. The kid got drenched! And I figured that I would just let him go for it and get totally soaked and then change him into his long pants for the night.

We also saw the Block Party Bash which was really neat with all the characters from The Incredibles, Monsters Inc, Toy Story and others. They got everybody dancing in the street and it was SO cute to see Jack dancing along. And wow the performers were amazing. Talk about a workout! Those people never stopped moving during the entire time. I can't imagine how horrible it would be during a 100 degree day. I hope they get paid the big bucks is all I can say.

After that we went over to Disneyland park and got ourselves a corndog and picked out a really good spot for the Parade of Dreams. The Parade was really pretty with all the lights and everything. Jack just ate it all up and was mesmerized by the whole thing.

After the parade, we went back to the hotel. And wow was that a nice hotel! The bed was amazingly comfortable. I shared a King sized bed with Jack, which he thought was totally cool.

Yesterday, we went to Disneyland park and rode most of the rides in Fantasy Land. Of course, he LOVED the merry go round, Dumbo ride, and the spinning Teacups (he was laughing his head off, and I was really wanting to puke! Those things seriously get to me). But he was really scared on Mr. Toad's wild ride, Peter Pan's flight, and Pinnochio's ride. They all had scary elements like lightning and scary voices. We then went on Small World (you know the one where the stupid song is stuck in your brain for 3 years afterwards). And he absolutely loved it and was totally enthralled with the entire ride. The lines were amazingly short. I think our longest wait was about 15 minutes. And the weather was perfect 75-80 degrees. Absolutely perfect weekend to go to Disneyland.

After Fantasyland, we hit up Toontown for a little bit. But I could tell that the kid was needing a nap badly. So we headed back to the hotel, where we both slept a couple of hours. We headed back over to Disneyland about 6:00 where we proceeded to get dinner and then watched the Parade of Dreams again.

Then we went on the Pirates of the Carribbean ride. Jack was so scared! He did not like the big drop at the beginning of the ride and then proceeded to keep his head buried in my chest most of the ride. We also hit up the Winnie the Pooh ride, the train ride around the park, and the Jungle Cruise. The Jungle Cruise is where I whacked my knee on the steel beam getting in the boat and man that hurt! It still hurts! Jack was scared on the jungle cruise. Of course the girl tour guide didn't help matters by being very loud about the "dangers" lurking around the bend and having the rhino come out of the water at the boat. That totally scared the boy!

After the jungle cruise, we watched the fireworks. They must have changed them for the big 50th celebration because they are really spectacular! We were right in front of Small World where they are done and it was quite a sight. Jack was got scared a little bit by the big booms, but for the most part, he was enthralled by the light show.

We were then herded like cattle out of the park. It took about 45 minutes to walk out of the park. And at one point, I REALLY wanted to do physical damage to some JERK who literally jumped over Jack's stroller to get ahead of me and in the process kicked his hand really hard making Jack scream. I yelled at him, but it didn't do any good. Man I was mad. People are just so rude in a crowd like that. I mean really people you can only go so fast and jumping over my kid's stroller and kicking him will NOT help anything.

Once we got back to the hotel, it was almost 11:00 and the kid was WIRED! I mean he was literally bouncing off the walls and did not fall asleep until after midnight. And what time do you think the boy woke up this morning? 6:15 AM!! The boy has THE most amazing internal alarm clock I have ever seen. He was up and bouncing on the bed and throwing the pillows all over and giggling. Joy! So we got up and got ready to leave. We went down to Starbucks about 7:30 and I got me a Venti triple latte (yeah I needed it!) and a muffin and the boy a sippy cup of milk. We went outside to enjoy the morning air and eat our breakfast. There was another family of four that came out to do the same thing. The weird part was they were dressed in their pajamas! Seriously! The mother had on a nightgown and slippers, the kids were both in jammies and the father had on running shorts and t-shirt. AND they had the gall to look at me funny when Jack and I were throwing crumbs at the birds, which Jack thought was the neatest thing.

So we are now home. I can say that was probably one of the funnest times I have spent at Disneyland. I thought it was going to be hard with dealing with Jack, but he was a really good boy. I came to love the Baby Care Center in the park. It is a place where you can change your baby on nice padded changing tables and there is a room for nursing mothers. I would walk 20 minutes past 3 public restrooms to go use that instead of the icky and crowded bathrooms. Oh yeah and when I first got there, I went to get my annual pass replaced and all I had to do was give them my sob story about how my pass was with my husband who was working with FEMA at the moment in MS and they practically laid the red carpet out for me. I got a "bless your heart" and "aren't you sweet"! I am not even the one in the hurricane! I just wanted to get into Disneyland for free! They gave me a two-day pass for free and I didn't have to pay for the lost pass fee. Yay!

All in all a good time had by Mommy and Jack. I'll post the pictures later. There are not that many since I was the one running around trying to corral my child and didn't really have a whole lot of time to click the camera.

Well I just put the boy down for a nap and since I got about 5 hours or less last night, I am going to go do the same thing.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Sounds like Jack enjoyed a lot of the same things Benjamin did at Disney World/Land! Ben was also scared of Pirates... the drop and the pitch darkness did him in for the rest of our trip in march. We knew better this last time... we started with Small World and he LOVED LOVED LOVED it. You were brave to take him all by yourself!

Does Disneyland have the Main Street Electrical Parade now? I love that parade and they moved it from Disneyworld right after our honeymoon there. I thought I remembered them saying it was going to California... but I'm not sure.

Jack's Mom said...

They used to have the electrical parade. When we went there when Jack was 3 months old, we saw it then. But since the 50th celebration thing, they have redone a lot of things and that is one thing they don't have. Instead they have the Parade of Dreams which is nice, but nothing like the electrical parade.

Sounds like you guys had fun in Disneyworld. I am really looking forward to when Jack is about 3 and really "gets" Disney.

Erin said...

Trying to remember if we ever saw the Parade of Dreams. Is that the one where all the characters are in the snowglobes? (that's what is at DW right now)

Won't Disney be wonderful when they are old enough to get totally excited over it? Right now, Ben takes it all in and even claps along to the music and meets the characters and stuff... but nothing like a three year old would do! I can't wait! I also hope I get a little girl to dress up like a Princess and take to meet Cinderella and Snow white. The little girls in the park are just the cutest thing!