Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Drugs, Shopping, and Naps

Those are the keys to surviving these days. And no I haven't succumbed to the urge of the Vicodin bottle, but Sudaphed and prescription-strength Motrin are my little miracles in pill form. That combo can pretty much wipe out all the sinus pain for about 6 hours!

Shopping is what I am using this weekend as a form of entertainment. I figure if I am not home to see the disaster area also known as my house, I won't have to clean it. Sound good to you? Jack and I went to the mall this morning. His pictures from the infamous JcPenney photo session were in. They are cute and I will post them on here later. So I also took advantage of that "being financially better off with Jim gone" thing and bought a few things for myself, which I very very rarely do. I bought this really CUTE denim jacket and cute top. Also a pair of jeans and 2 t-shirts at Old Navy. Oh and I can't go clothes shopping without getting the boy something, especially since they were having Baby Days Sale at JcPenney. He scored 2 tops and 2 pants and 2 pairs of jammies.

Of course while at the mall, we played in the playland. Or I should say Jack did, I just ran after him all over the place. About 30 minutes of that and the kid is wiped and ready to go home.

Which comes to my 3rd key to surviving. Naps! The past two days, I have said screw it to the housework and every other type of work there is here and have taken a nap when Jack goes down. Let me tell you, it is heaven! I think I could get used to that. Of course nothing gets done, but then theres always that shopping thing to do. If you're not home, you don't see the mess.

See it all is like a big equation. Yeah yeah I know. Shut up. I do know that at some point, I do need to do laundry (unless I go shopping some more hehe) and clean this disaster area. But as Scarlett said "there's always tomorrow". Ha!

No comments: