Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, September 05, 2005

High School Reunions are so Weird!

I had my 20th on Saturday nite. What a weird experience. First of all, I want to give a shout out to AMY! HI AMY and family! Thanks for reading my blog. And thanks for that book you gave me and the really nice card! That was so nice of you!

So reason I came to Michigan THIS weekend was to go to this reunion. And I swear as I was driving there, I almost turned around. I thought that I hated high school when I was there, why am I going now?!? But I did have fun when I got there. Unfortunately there weren't too many people from our class show up (about 12 out of 120!). Yeah our class sucked pretty bad. You can say it. It was good seeing the people that I recognized. But oh my gosh, 20 years changes people! And if it changed THOSE people that much, what about me? Do I look 20 years worse? Ack! 20 years!

Unfortunately the close friends that I had in high school (all 3 of them) did not show up. I was there with people that I HARDLY ever spoke to in the 11 years I went to school with them. And what is it about high school that you start to revert back to that shy, insecure person you were when you were sitting in Math class? Huh? Tell me that. I mean, I think that after 20 years, I am a pretty confident person, successful in life and professionally. But put me in a room full of people that made me feel so inadequate 20 years ago, and I am a shy little 9th grader again. What is that?!?

But it was fun. It was good to see Amy, Stefanie, the other Dawn (hehe I'll remember you every April 8th probably until we are 80!) and Kim. It was fun to reminisce about stuff. And I found out that I have also blocked out almost all of those years. Either that or some people have some amazing memories! It was fun to hear about what other people were doing the past 20 years. But it was also just plain Weird!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm coming up on my 15th year reunion and I can't get myself to go. I have no interest whatsoever. I think you were really brave to go to yours!!