Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Back to Semi-Normal

Well I think I have calmed down a whole lot. If you read earlier in the week, you were probably wondering what in the world is going on with Dawn?!? I admit, I was a raving lunatic. BUT, I feel I do have a bit of justification for some of it. First of all, my husband left to go help all those poor people in the south devastated from the hurricane. I know I know, it was a GOOD thing he did that and I admit that yes it was a good thing that he wanted to help all those people. However, the timing and the way he did it sucked big time.

He didn't bother to consult with me before he volunteered to go help. However, to his defense, they didn't leave him with a whole lot of time to make up his mind when they were asking for volunteers. So I was furious at him for doing that without thinking of me and Jack. I let him have it pretty bad over the phone. And there's something that you should know about our marriage is that we NEVER fight. Which is weird because in the my past marriage, well it was pretty much a daily occurence. But Jim and I have this almost perfect marriage. We really are each other's best friend.

The timing sucked for a couple of reasons. First of all, I was sick with a sinus infection of monumental proportions. I mean, I have NEVER felt sinus pain like that. It was so bad that I just wanted to take some knock out pills and go to bed for a month, never to wake up. Seriously, I was eyeing the Vicodin that I got from when I delivered Jack, but never used. Who can be popping Vicodin with a newborn I ask you? But because I had Jack to take care of and my husband was gone, I couldn't do that. I was feeling like I was a terrible mother because I was not paying any attention to him. I just wanted Jim to be there and take over the Jack duties. And that got me even more angry.

It was also PMS time and as you all know that can cause any normal sane woman to lose it at times.

So all that combined, has made my last week a nightmare. However, I have felt better the last couple days and hopefully that stuff doesn't come back ever. Jim and I have made up over the phone. He realizes that he should of consulted with me and I apologized for talking to him so badly.

And actually there are some advantages to Jim not being here. Financially we are doing so much better because he's not driving a thousand miles a week at $3.00/gallon. Also he's making lots of overtime pay while working down there. And even though the house is a mess, I don't care because really who is gonna see it besides me and Jack? And Jack likes the mess! All his toys are right where he wants them - strewn ALL over the house, including the pots and pans. The animals like Jim being gone because they get to share the bed with me. Seriously, every night I have had 2 cats and 2 dogs in bed with me. Not a whole lot of room for me, I tell ya. Oh and also, no cooking! Not that I do a lot of cooking when Jim is here, but there's always that question of what to make for dinner. Now dinner time is so easy! One night, Jack and I had cereal and cookies!

But I am really proud of him to be helping people like he is. He told me that it looks like a nuclear bomb went off in Biloxi and how everybody is living just day to day with the hand outs that the Red Cross is providing. It is just so sad and I am ashamed of myself for reacting so badly to him earlier this week.

Thank Goodness I am back to semi-normal. And if you are reading this Jim, I miss ya and love ya.

No comments: