Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, September 05, 2005

And now in the Jackaroo News Dept

Jack is having fun at Grandma and Grandpa's house. I think he is still on California time and getting him to sleep has been a bit challenging to say the least. Friday night, I put him in bed with me around 11 pm and he giggled and flopped around the bed for about an hour. In my parent's guest room (my OLD room) there are pictures with ducks hanging on the wall and the boy is OBSSESSED with these pictures. He stands on the bed and points to them and talks about them all the time.

Yesterday morning we went to church with Grandma and Grandpa. He went to the nursery for Sunday school like a big boy. He was not scared at all when some strange lady carried him away! When I went back to retrieve him, he walked out to me and handed me his papers he did. She told me that he did so well, like he'd been going there every week for months! Not sure I am too thrilled to know that my son would just happily let some stranger carry him away, but it was nice that time!

On Saturday, my nephew and his wife (yes I have a 30 year old nephew!) came over to visit. And Jack just loved "performing" for them. He gave them kisses and went walking in the woods with them. They have said that they do not want kids, but come on with a cute kid like Jackaroo, how could you resist?

He has been eating a lot of watermelon with Grandpa. He sits outside and will eat the watermelon and Grandpa even taught him how to spit seeds! Grandpa also cut up some lumber for him and made some cool blocks. They have been making towers and then smashing them down. Fun stuff.

I guess he did really well Saturday night when he was all by himself with his grandparents. I really did think that after 6 hours of alone time with Jackaroo, that I would come home to find my parents in some kind of shriveled up mess telling me to take him away, far far away. But nope, he was good for them and it sounded like they had fun. Even though, my parents were subjected to watching Thomas the Train video a few times. That alone can make anybody crazy!

Jack turned 18 months today! Where has the time gone? To celebrate we are going to the local zoo here. It should be fun and of course I will be Mad Mom with Camera! Don't worry!

No comments: