Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, September 26, 2005

Yay! Jim's coming home this week.

Jim called me at work today and told me that he will be flying in on Wednesday night. I think he is quite tired of the FEMA business and really wants to come home. They moved him today into the Air Force Base and for the first time, he got a hot shower today! Good Grief, I would have left oh about 2.5 weeks ago if it were me. Yes, I am a wimp. You don't have to tell me, I know it already.

I was really mad today when I saw how much his paycheck was this time. It was SUPPOSED to be time and a half for this entire time and he was working 12 hours a day. Yeah good money! But, he only got his base pay with no extra anything. I was counting on the extra money to pay our Disneyland credit card bill! Man. Sometimes, I really hate the federal government. They are soooo disorganized. I mean if they were a corporation, they would have been put out of business soooo long ago, its not even funny. So this means that Jim has to probably submit about 25 reports, talk to another 6 people, and wait another 6 months to see the money. You think I am exaggerating? HA! Sorry, we will probably have to wait more like 9-12 months to get the money. Yeah. It is that bad. It took us over a year to get paid for days worked when Jim was at the academy when I was pregnant. I think we got the money when Jack was turning about 9 months old. Yeah. It is that bad.

But I am really happy that Jim is finally coming home. It has been a VERY LONG 2.5 weeks.

In the Jackaroo news department - the kid is totally wiped out from his weekend at Disneyland. Last night, he was soooo needing to go to bed around 5:30. I kept him up until about 6:00 (yeah that was the longest 30 minutes in history) and put him down then. He promptly fell asleep and the kid did not stir until 6:30 this morning! Over 12 hours of sleep! And tonight, he went down at 7:00 with no fight at all. Glad to know that it isn't just ME that gets totally wiped out at Disneyland, even the boy feels it!

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

I'm so glad to hear he is coming home! Alan is coming home Wednesday night too and staying for a full 10 days this time. I think we each need to be sure to get some time for ourselves this weekend!!

Anonymous said...

I am glad your hubby will be coming home, I know that is a huge relief!